THE GOLDEN EU VISA SCHEME
The SCF Group is delighted to announce that that it can now arrange residence permits in Portugal for non-European Economic Area (EEA) nationals. From our initial research, it seems that this new fiscal migration service is of particular interest to wealthy Chinese, Indian and Russian clients wanting a ‘safe haven’ right of residence either immediately or in the future for themselves and their family members. The benefits include:
- Full residency rights in Portugal;
- No need for an immediate physical presence;
- Full Schengen Area access with no visa restrictions;
- Initial formalities normally only take 90 days;
- Official Portuguese Government backed programme;
- Applications will be dealt with by either SCF Lawyers in Portugal
The criterion in Portugal is quite straightforward with in the case of Portugal ONLY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING being required:
- Buy a property/villa worth €500,000.00 or more, or;
- Deposit €1 million plus in a bank located in Portugal – This includes German and British banks;
- Set up a new business employing 10 or more people
Of course, there are other criteria such as having to have a local fiscal representative and/or maintain accounts but all of this can be dealt with by SCF professionals in Portugal.
If you would like further information on the EU Golden Resident Permit Program please contact an SCF Consultant.